Easter!!!!!


Okay, normally there won't be blog posts this often. I am thinking maybe 2 times a month? However often I go into the hives...Hopefully they will survive and so will this blog!
Today, after a wonderful church service and a scrumptious, fun, dinner at Omi and Popop's house, I came home and went in the hive. Atley and Addison were playing in the yard, with the little chickies that we hatched and Alex and Rick were cleaning the gutters out.









I am concerned they are going to swarm. They are hanging about the outside of the hive in big numbers at 8:00 am and temp @65 F. I am really unsure about what to do now. So, into the Alpha hive.




I see lots of bees in the top super when I open it up but appearances may be decieving becuase they clear out quick. I see the wax foundation beeing drawn out and a lot of it being taken. I haven't seen more wax taken then the last time I viewed though.





Middle super- LOTS of bees. No new brood and older capped brood shows new babes chewing their way out!!! So cute!!! New birth!!!



Bottom (only) deep- bees COVERING all the frames. There is one new frame in there and they are building it out. I see honey on the outermost right frame and it is HEAVY and white capped. That means, I think, it is ready...? I am such a novice... But why are they putting honey in the bottom deep??? Lots of frames full of pollen and nectar. Ha! I am able to recognize some things now. One year ago, forget it! And I used to be terrified to enter the hive but did it anyway.



So I don't think they have a queen. The deep had bees that appeared to be breaking down 2 queen supersede cells. And the super had a big queen cell on the bottom.


Here are some pictures. Next time Alex will be with me to help me get better picts.




















Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It's already July 2017!

October 2015

Maine 2017