May Days

 Atley really, really wanted to start a garden this spring. I wasn't going to, but she had earned a prize and really wanted to get something for the garden... so we dug in and now have a beautiful garden!
 Our last meeting for out history co-op. After learning about WW2 and post war times, we met to do some fun activities. Andrea is leading us in this activity.
 Atley has herself a gas mask! The British all had these issued during the war. I told the story of how Omi escaped from her home, just as it was bombed.
 Here we are creating our own radio show with scripted parts and sound effects. It is not as easy at is seems! Alex was missing from this day because he was at Driver's Ed. Whoaa...
 Hanging around with the bro's!
 Checking to see how our garden grows!
 The two gorgeous guys hanging out at our friends pool swing. We had a fun day with seven other families this day.
 YES!! We did get about 3 quarts of honey before they swarmed yet again! This is the BEST honey ever!
 It is quite a process to strain it all. I have a big spinner but since our amount was so small, we did it by hand. Neighbors helping too!
 Omi came up to join the fun!
And Addison was getting every last bit out. I still have the comb in the fridge that I need to purify and melt down. While Atley made name stamps.
This weekend, we went camping at Jordan Lake, with a few families and had so much fun! The camera was left at home though. That is all for today!

Comments

Post a Comment

Please leave your thoughtful, kind messages here...

Popular posts from this blog

It's already July 2017!

October 2015

Maine 2017