July Looking Back

We had my dad's service on May 7th, 2016. There were so many people who attended and I am so thankful for each person who did. Every person who arrived blessed us so much. I was overwhelmed. Family flew in from around the country and friends from everywhere. It was a very special day. My dad wanted to have a service. He wanted it at Redeemer, our church. And I think it was as he wanted it to be. 


I have not taken many pictures since April 16th. I don't know why. I just haven't wanted to. But here are some from the service. I didn't take very many. And a few from life inbetween thenand now. 
 Uncle Pete, Aunt Karen, Uncle Esmail, Aunt Mary Jane, Uncle Andy, Aunt Susan, cousin Alex, cousin Sally, cousin Roxanne White and cousin Jim White, and Omi
 Outside the hospice..
 Alex is building his climbin board... He is very gifted at climbing. We are encouraging him to work for the Olympics.




 Addison at our Night of the Arts...




They grow up so fast! When our chickens were little...

Grief comes in waves and often catches you by surprise. But we are making efforts to go out and do things...Here we are at the zoo.

 It was such a beautiful drive to get there and so nice to be here...



Addison and company...

He is always horsing around!


Camping was nice. Omi came out for the day and Jennifer got her to take a ride in the kayak...


A birthday party and Rick put on the skates!


This gardenia bush had not bloomed for several years. You see it looking out the kitchen window at Omi's. This year they had magnificent blooms. A hello from dad.


We had a rooster in our flock. We rehomed it to a farm. The others are checking it out. Guys have it touch. Nobody wants the noise... We split our hatch with our friend and she ended up with 5 out of 6 being roosters!

She loves her gals... And they love her!



One of me...


Last day of Latin class for the year!


(below)Our Cox family relatives who also arrived.
Uncle Pete and I will be taking over editing the Ancestry website. The genealogy is fascinating to me. We have some pretty interesting history.


Col. Pete Myers (Texas) Janet Westling (CA) Sally Guilfoyle (MD)  Jim White (NE) Mary Jane Dowlatkhah (Illinois)

Esmail Dowlatkhah,  Karen Myers, Roxanne White and Susan Myers

Karl, Rick, Peter, and Andy

Mary Jane Myers Dowlatkhah

 Uncle Andy played a beautiful song on the clarinet in memory of Grandpa John and my dad.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It's already July 2017!

October 2015

Maine 2017