Is the Summer Almost Over ?


Labor Day...It is hard to belive the summer is about over and a new season has begun. This was a summer where not much was scheduled and that was purposeful. Days were still full but there was plenty of time to enjoy the lake, the pool and each other. We look forward to the upcoming fall season and the joy to be found in the Lord, each day...

Alex recieved a GoPro camera for his birthday and has been having fun with that. One of his favorite classes this fall is photography. Lots of work but learning a lot too. 


He took "Bubbles on the Sidewalk" with his phone.

We all love Addison's cooking hobby! He taught himself how to make sushi this summer. It is so good!



Biking is also a favorite thing to do. He outgrew his bike, (which is now Atley's) and he uses mine. Maybe for his birthday he will get a new one. Bike trip in the future, maybe?

He can climb! I don't climb but some days I feel like this! Anyone relate? LOL!


Chillen' at a pool party...


For the first time in four years, I didn't teach VBS. I missed it but the free time was nice. Atley has a wonderful time with her friends.

Day trip to the beach to pick up the kayaks from Alex's trip...

Where did  my reading glasses get to?


Omi "hanging out" in the yard with us...

Boating, camping, swimming....

This kid loves water!

Atley attended a horse camp this summer. The camp raised money for the ministry they run. They pair rescued horses with hurting kids. It is really an incredible ministry that we look forward to volunteering with.


I guess since I take most of the pictures I am not in to many. I like that too. :) I did take one here and thought where did these wrinkles come from? I loved a picture that Melissa posted a couple of weeks ago. You get older and look in the mirror and wonder, "What the h*ll happened!?"

While waiting to meet a friend at the mall, some ladies offered to do Atley's hair at no charge! We didn't purchase the bling and it still looked beautiful for 2 hours til we went to the pool!


Alex and his bud, Parker... they work at the Y together...


Atley was about to test for her orange and she passed!! Extremely focussed here..







Atley at a birthday party...

Back to school...

Field trip with our Lit club...

One of the last pool days... Usually it is very crowded at this time...

After several attempts, Atley has earned her "black band" which allows her the privilege of swimming in all areas of the pool.

That is all for now! We miss you all and hope you are doing well. We think of you often and love you!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It's already July 2017!

October 2015

Maine 2017